With each file opened, Family Title & Escrow, Inc. will perform a title search based on a start date provided by a specific title insurance company or in the absence of, going back in time two owners. The search runs forward in time to include up to date land records from the requisite city or town hall. The search picks up all recorded information that affects the property or it’s ability to be used as collateral.
- Personalized confirmation receipt will be faxed on every request
- 4 day turnaround time guaranteed
Family Title & Escrow, Inc. will furnish you with a complete Preliminary Title Report which consists of all necessary property information including legal description, confirmation of ownership, conveyance (deeds), details of restrictions and easements, PLUS copies of all open mortgages, liens, judgments, original and quit claim deeds. In addition, a current status of property taxes will be furnished.
Preliminary Title Report Includes:
- Record of open mortgages/ deeds of trust PLUS copies
- Record of open judgments/ tax liens PLUS copies
- Legal Description of the property
- Status of Real Estate Taxes
- Copies of plat maps (State of Rhode Island only)
Once the preliminary title report is delivered, Family Title & Escrow, Inc. has a dedicated Clearance Team who will address and clear any and all outstanding title issues that will affect your customer’s desired lien position.
- Tracking down proof of payments on all previously closed mortgages
- Secure copies of all discharges not currently on record
- Obtaining Municipal Lien Certificates and re-verifying property tax information
- Ordering Mortgage Payoff statements
- Ordering payoffs for judgments and/ or liens
- Preparing new conveyance documents
As a registered Agent for Chicago Title Insurance Corporation, Stewart Title Guarantee and Fidelity National Title CO., Family Title & Escrow, Inc. can generate both Insured Closing Letters (“ICL”) and Title Commitments, in house.
- Title Insurance Policies
- Owner Insurance Policies
- Aggressive Reissue Rates